seeking greener grass

part of my history

Wednesday, April 03, 2002

Forbidden Passion by EKI Production



I watch FP last Thursday at Graha Bakti Budaya, TIM and yes, it was my first time to watch a dance performance again in Indonesia, a modern contemporer dance. A few word to describe it: MAGNIFICENT, WILD, FRESH AND FREE!!! And yes I really adore Sujiwo Tejo voice and his music mixing, he's known as the "Dalang Edan", and yes he's EDAN! This is the first time I watch him live, and wow, such a mystical atmosphere that he can bring to the stage.



I went there with Agung, his future wife, Emmy and Emmy's friend. I took Sam too to watch the performance. Agung had us in the a really good seat (quiet expensive though, Rp 50,000 per seat, the cheaper seat was sold out, well all the seat was sold out).



The dance was in 4 part, I really like the first part, which was mixed by Tejo. The rest of the dance was very attractive indeed, I can feel their spirit of the stage. It's a mixed of dance and teater, which make their performance fresh and often very very funny. There are also some guest star such as the Jamaica vocal groups, man they really can sing. The MC was this chick, i forgot her name, but she's really funny, she can say the things which you can't imagine to come out from a person mouth. One very very "bocor" women i ever ever met and heard.



It started quiet late around 08.30 PM and ended 2 hours later. I was very impressed. I think I wanna ask Aldi (EKI) for Tejo's cassettes.

Oh yeah, I'm turning 19 in a few minutes, man I feel suddenly old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home