seeking greener grass

part of my history

Thursday, March 21, 2002

kun dun, a story of the 14th dalai lama, directed by martin scorcese





i always admire people against non-violence, although in a sense that it's a way to resist. people such as the dalai lama or mahatma gandhi for example, gandhi had died, the dalai lama still alive but haven't got back to tibet.





somehow watching the movie above, just made myself think on how many violence is there in existence until this moment. not even in the last 24 hours, i watch one in front of my eyes. i was trying to go to pasar minggu last afternoon, i could not decide whether i'll catch a taxi there or a metromini bus instead. i saw no taxi(cheap ones i mean, the one with an old tariff on), so i jump off this metromini to pasar minggu. just around the corner around 5 minutes after that, the metromini accidently bump it's back body to this another metromini. a few seconds later i hear shoutings outside and saw other passenger in a terrified look. it didn't really click to me what the next thing will happen, until the passenger quickly all stand up and went outside the bus. i was one of the last three passenger to go out from the vehicle. i just manage to be in the back stairs of the bus, untill the back glasses was smash with a wrench. i felt broken pieces of glasses falling thru me but i manage to cover myself, although i felt the skin near my nose got a burning sense. i check on my nose, no blood, so i'm okay. i went outside the bus, i saw this other driver carrying a stick i think it was wrench or something and yelling in madness. people just watched, i myself watched for a little while with my pulse run high. i somehow felt suprise, not fear, but helpless because i couldn't really do anything. i felt really small when i turn my back and catch a taxi to agung's place in pasar minggu.





so really i asked myself since last afternoon, what can we do with violence? not just in that incident of metromini but in all aspects in life and around the world. stop it? stop it how? my thoughts had some relievements after i watch "kun dun", i guess it's not today, not instantly tomorrow, but someday things will get better, with the hope still burning high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home